Guidelines for Assistance
To be considered for assistance approval, the following guidelines will need to be followed. NOTE: Meeting these guidelines alone does not guarantee assistance. Please allow 24-48 hours for us to review your NEEDS ASSESSMENT FORM (see #2).
A valid State ID and proof of residency (ex: utility bill) are required for all programs. You must also be a resident of Lexington County, SC. Only 1 family member or household member at the same address will be considered for approval. Additional submissions of the NEEDS ASSESSMENT FORM from other household members will be denied. Assistance will be considered on a quarterly basis for groceries. Assistance for utilities will be considered on a yearly basis.
This non-profit is for single parent families with children living in the home.
Children should be under the age of 18 or have a disability that does not permit them to work.
1. A NEEDS ASSESSMENT FORM is required for any assistance consideration. The form can be found on the next tab - NEEDS ASSESSSMENT FORM or on our Facebook page - @HHFamilyOS, OR please go to the CONTACT page here on the website (https://HHFamilyOS.com) and click on the Facebook icon to be taken directly to the page.
2. Grocery store gift cards - if approved, all cards will be mailed. Please keep this in mind when requesting help with food. No cash will be given out. Assistance can be requested on a quarterly basis.
3. Groceries - if you are not able to go to a grocery store to use gift cards, you will be asked for a grocery list. We will order your items to be delivered from Walmart.com or Amazon.com. Again, no cash will be given out. Assistance can be requested on a quarterly basis.
4. Baby & Toddler Bank - we are in the process of collecting donations of baby and toddler items to have on hand. If you need something for your baby and/or toddler, and we have it available, we will set up a safe pickup location or arrange to have the items delivered to you. Assistance can be on as needed basis if the clothes are available.
5. Auto Care Program - FUTURE PROGRAM - we will be looking for partners in the area to help with this program. These partners will look at your car to assess what needs to be fixed and will let us know. If it's something we can cover, or help pay for, we will pay them directly. Repairs are not guaranteed, it will depend on many factors. No repairs will be paid for by us that do not have our approval. Assistance for this program would be on a yearly basis.
6. School Supplies Bank - Buying school supplies can be very expensive for single parents and those families who are experiencing some financial struggles. If you need help before school starts or during the year to replenish supplies, please fill out the Needs Assessment Form. If you need assistance before school, please be prepared to provide a copy of the supply list from your kids school. Assistance on an as needed basis as supplies are available.
7. Clothes/Shoes/Sneakers - we occasionally receive donations of clothes and shoes/sneakers. If you are in need, please fill out the Needs Assessment Form and if we have what you need available, we'll arrange a safe pick up time/place.
8. Utility Assistance - If funds are available and you are approved, we will call the utility company directly to make the payment.
REQUEST: If we have been able to help you in anyway, please leave a review on our Facebook page (under the REVIEWS tab). These reviews could assist in our receiving future grants and donations that allow us to continue to help you and others! Thank you and God Bless!